The J.S Sr Sec School strives to realize the National Goals of Education. But it does so with its own Spirit and vision. Our thrust “Educational For Social Change” requires that we pursue the following goals and objectives:
OPTION FOR THE POOR
Whether we teach the rich or the poor, all our educational institutes make a preferential option for the poor , which is a gospel imperative. This was also the option of our founders.
In the spirit of the Gospel and in fidelity to the teaching of the Church and our traditions , we give priority to the cause of poor , the oppressed and the marginalized.
We seek to promote growth of the students by imparting an integral formation. Integral development is not only the transition from less human conditions to those which are more human, but the development of the human person that enables him/her to improve and transform his/her surroundings.
- We adopt a methodology that will facilitate the development of self-confidence , creative and critical thinking , skills of application and analysis.
- We adopt the “grading system” in keeping with the National Policy of Education. This will shift the emphasis from narrow competition to greater participation and co-operation and improvement of educational achievements.
- Building a school climate , wherein the students are motivated and encouraged to practice values.
- Religious and moral instructions are imparted to students to help them grow within their culture as integrated persons.
As disciples of Christ we make his compassion our own , which led him to participate in our human history . In all our apostolic activities, we are called to be instruments of social change for justice and respect of persons.(Rule of life 5.2)
We are required to create a suitable environment, where the backward class of students we opt for, feel at home. Therefore , there is a great need to promote inculturation in our schools.
Excursions and trips must lead the student to social awareness and social action.
The school maintains simplicity in uniform and celebrations of Annual days. Our Annual days offer maximum scope for a large scale participation of students.
All school honours, awards and positions of leadership have as one essential criteria of eligibility , the social activity of the students .
Every out-going students should participate:
- In remedial teaching in school.
- In out-reach programs outside school viz. literacy drive , open schools , social service programs , adult educations , etc.
- Exposure programs to life situations in village.
Parents are seen as partners and collaborators and hence regular parent-school contacts are maintained through the Parent-Teacher meetings.